June 4, 2017
Opening prayer for Pentecost
Come, Holy Spirit, descend SJ 33
Come, gracious Spirit
Confession and Affirmation
Like the murmur of the dove’s song
If you believe and I believe SJ 32
O Breath of life SJ 35
Leading Us In Worship
Prelude, offertory – Ben & Sarah Winter
Worship leader – Adam Roth, Nicholas Satchell
Pianist – Doris Martin
Song leader – Tim Miller Dyck
Children’s time – Joanne Schwartzentruber
Sermon – Pastor Steve Drudge
Congregational prayer – Pastor Ilene Bergen
A supervised nursery for children (5 years & under) is across from the washrooms. Today’s supervisors: Chris Finnie, Ben Winter.
Coffee, tea and juice will be served in the north side of the fellowship hall following the service.
Christian Education for all ages.
11:00-12:00 – Prayer and fasting can make a radical difference.
Age 2 & 3 – room 005, lower level
Junior & Senior Kindergarten – room 008
Grades 1-5 – meet in the lower level
Grade 6-8 – room 004
Youth (high school) – Cancelled this week.
Adults – Congregational meeting to discuss summary of Structure Review responses as well as the slate of ministry teams beginning Sept. 2017 presented by Gifts Discernment Committee.
1:00 p.m. – Fellowship Hall and kitchen rented.
2:30 p.m. – Gospel Bluegrass program at the Detweiler Meeting House, 3445 Roseville Road, Roseville. Freewill offering. More info: 519.208.4591.
Prayer in Victoria Park. Information at prayerinthepark.ca.
Monday (church office closed)
Darlene Gingerich, will be out of the church office and attending the Mennonite Church Eastern Canada Admin Day at Conrad Grebel.
8:00 a.m.-8:15 a.m. – Prayer time in room 115. All welcome.
Morning & Afternoon – All women are invited to the church to knot comforters and/or quilt. Bring food to share for the potluck lunch.
2 – 10 p.m. – Rehearsal in the fellowship hall for Theatre of the Beat.
4:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Wilmot Summer Market in the church parking lot.
6:45 p.m. – Rockway’s Spring Concert of vocal and orchestral music. No tickets required.
9:35 a.m. – Preservice music.
9:45 a.m. – Summer Series begins – “A summer of living more like Jesus”
Scripture: Matthew 14:22-33, Isaiah 11:1-9.
Speaker: Pastor Ilene Bergen. Coin offering for MCC hygiene kits.
11:00 a.m. – Sunday school field trip to MCC to pack hygiene kits and knot comforters. Everyone welcome. All children welcome to attend with their parents/guardians. Please sign up on sheet in lobby today.
June 14 (Wed.) 7:30 p.m. – Meeting at Don & Marilyn Steinmann’s. Reading the lectionary readings for Trinity Sunday. Email email@example.com for information.
A group is meeting and studying a variety of topics. For more information contact Darryl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHURCH LEAGUE FASTBALL
June 5 (Mon.) 9 p.m. – Steinmann vs. East Zorra; New Hamburg (2)
June 11 (Next Sun.) 7 p.m. – Steinmann vs. West Hills; Petersburg
June 13 (Tues.) 5:00-7:30 p.m. – Annual Chicken BBQ & Pie Auction in support of Hidden Acres Camp. Advance tickets only. Available today in the main hallway or call 519.625.8602; email email@example.com.
June 16 (Fri.) 7:30 p.m. – Theatre of the Beat drama troupe along with musical group “No Discernible Key” will be presenting Yellow Bellies, a historical drama that highlights the experience and response to Mennonite Conscientious Objectors during WW II. Drama takes place in the fellowship hall. Join for a thought provoking theatre experience like no other. Admission is free. More info www.theatreofthebeat.com.
June 17 (Sat.) 9:00 a.m. – Out-Spok’n Bike-A-Thon, benefiting affordable housing. For information or to donate: mennohomes.com.
June 17 (Sat.) 1:00 p.m. – Mennonite Historical Society of Ontario Annual General Meeting at Floradale Mennonite Church.
June 24 (Sat.) – Road Hockey Challenge at Crosshill Mennonite Church. Divisions: Novice to Bantam. Cost: $100/team (register by June 3), lunch included (max 5 players/team). Proceeds to Habitat for Humanity, Wellesley Build. Contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 24 (Sat.) 2-4 & 6:30-8 p.m. – Annual Nithview Community Strawberry Social. Bring your family and friends to enjoy this spring treat!
June 30 – July 2 – Hidden Acres Mennonite Camp Family Camping weekend. Details at www.hiddenacres.ca. Brochures are on the table by the church mailboxes.
July 31-Aug. 4 – Peace Camp at Conrad Grebel University College for students in grades 6-8. A day camp that teaches youth they can make a difference in the world. Register online at www.grebel.ca/peacecamp or contact Allison Keyes at email@example.com.
August 4-6 (Fri.-Sun.) – Steinmann Church Camping & Sunday Service at Hidden Acres Mennonite Camp.
August 14-18 (Mon.-Fri.) 8:50-11:30 a.m. – Baden Summer Bible Camp for age 4 to grade 8.
1. The Sound System Operators are looking for your help. We need more people who are trained and able to help with Sunday worship and operation of the Multi-purpose room system. This is very rewarding work and we are looking for young and old, men and women. Full training will be provided until you feel comfortable. Speak to Cliff Kennel, Steve Kennel or Tim Miller Dyck.
2. Mennonite Central Committee will be turning 100 in 2020 and hopes to bring together a small group of supporters to lead their birthday celebration. Contact Sheryl Bruggeling at 519.745.8458 ext 265 or firstname.lastname@example.org to join the planning committee.
3. Mennonite Savings & Credit Union Church Builder GICs available until July 29th. See bulletin board for more details.
4. The communities of Constance Bay and Minden have expressed thanks to Mennonite Disaster Service for help with flood clean up. Work there is now winding down.
• Wedding Anniversary congratulations to:
Betty & Wallace Roth – 64th on Tuesday, June 6th
Rose & Don Wagler – 53rd on Tuesday, June 6th
Louise & Ralph Gingerich – 61st on Friday, June 9th
• The New Hamburg Mennonite Relief Sale thanks you for the support and prayers we received for the 2017 Sale. It was a wonderful Sale with large crowds and beautiful weather. We are thankful and blessed. Our proceeds for the Sale total $330,000. – John Reimer, Chair, NHMRS Committee
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• During Ramadan, a month of prayerful fasting celebrated by Muslims, pray for Christ followers serving in Muslim communities in Canada and abroad. – Mennonite Church Canada Witness