August 13, 2017
A Summer of Living More Like Jesus
Call to worship
Here in this place HWB 6:1,2,4
For the beauty of the earth HWB 89
Come and see HWB 20
Psalm 139: 1-6, 13-18
Lord Jesus, you shall be my song SJ 14
Children’s time: Luke 14:25-35
You are the salt of the earth HWB 226
Offering & *coin offering
Jesus, you have called us SJ 70
Coin offering will help Canadian Foodgrains Bank provide famine relief in places like east Africa.
Leading Us In Worship:
Pre Service, offertory, postlude – John Wiebe
Worship leader – Kim Lichti
Song leader – Tim Miller Dyck
Accompanists – Doris Martin, Susan Seyler
Children’s time & sermon – Pastor Ilene Bergen
Congregational prayer – Pastor Myrna Miller Dyck
An unsupervised nursery for children (5 years & under) is across from the washrooms.
Coffee, tea and juice served in the fellowship hall after the service.
Monday – Friday
8:50-11:30 a.m. – Baden Summer Bible Camp for age 4 to grade 8. Still time to register for discovering Paul and the underground church. Contact Christine Helmuth or Joanne Schwartzentruber. You can also register on the church website.
7:00 p.m. – Worship Committee
4:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Wilmot Summer Market in the east church parking lot.
7:00 p.m. – Vision Focus Team meeting.
9:30 a.m. – Pre service singing
9:45 a.m. – Scripture: Matthew 13:44-46.
Speaker: Amanda Zehr
5-8 p.m. – Sunday S’mores at Chris & Wendy Lebold’s, 1053 Henry St., Wellesley. Bring your own dishes, hotdogs and buns, lawn chairs, and snacks to share. Care Team will provide beverages and s’mores.
Aug. 23 (Wed.) 5:30 p.m. – Potluck at Sir Adam Beck Park, Baden. Everyone welcome! Bring your own dishes and food to share. Invite neighbours, friends and family. For more information speak to Ashley & Darryl Drudge.
Aug. 23 (Wed.) 8 a.m. – Conrad Grebel needs people to unload furniture. Pay is $12.25/hour; drinks, doughnuts and lunch provided. Requirements: ability to work safely, lift 20 kg/40 lbs, provide your own steel-toed safety footwear. Min. age is 16. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Aug. 25 (Fri.) 6:00 p.m. – MEDA (Mennonite Economic Development Assoc.) BBQ at Waterloo Park. Elaine Shantz and Miriam Turnbull will share about their 900 kilometer Bruce Trail trek to raise money for Ghana’s GROW project. Adults: $25; Student/Child: $10. Bring lawn chairs, plates & cutlery. RSVP by Aug. 18 at www.meda.org/waterloo or call 519.725.1633. See bulletin board for more information.
Aug. 26 (Sat.) 7:00 p.m. – SOSA (Single or Single Again) corn & wiener roast at 307 Maurice St. New Hamburg. Please bring a lawn chair and a food item to share. Any questions – call 519.662.2971.
Aug. 26-30 – All are invited to enjoy 5 days of everything Fraser Lake Camp has to offer in a relaxed setting. Contact Director, Kristen Berg for details: email@example.com.
Sept. 12 (Tues.) 6:00 p.m. – Introductory supper and meeting for a Women’s Small Group. Meet in the north side of the fellowship hall Soup provided—bring finger food to share. For more information talk to Joy Wagler or Darlene Gingerich.
Sept. 16 (Sat.) 4:30-6:30 p.m. – St. Jacobs Mennonite Church Chicken & Sausage BBQ. See bulletin board or www.sjmc.on.ca for info.
1. Cradle Roll is working on setting up a quiet infant care room. Looking for following donations: comfortable chair or small couch, table lamp & floor lamp, change table, 2 clocks (preferably plastic), baby monitor, and a pack & play. Speak with Sarah Winter, Pam Carter or Jessie Gingerich if you have something to donate. Thanks!
2. Christian Horizons is looking for volunteers for its Family Retreat at Elim Lodge on Pigeon Lake from Aug. 27 to Sept. 2, or for just the evening of Wednesday Aug. 30th. To explore this service opportunity, visit www.christian-horizons.org or speak with Al Mills.
3. DONATE ONLINE—Away during the summer? Donations can be made online or scheduled in advance using online payments at any Ontario credit union’s online banking web site (including Kindred Credit Union). See http://smchurch.ca/donate for more info.
4. Students! Are you thinking of applying for a part-time job? Need something to put on your resume? New Hamburg Thrift Centre is looking for students (14 yrs. & older) to train as volunteer cashiers, retail floor support, receivers to accept donations, etc. Email Karla at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519.662.2867.
5. Baptism service rescheduled to October 22.
• Congratulations to Jean Gingerich who will be celebrating her 87th birthday Monday, August 14th and to Arthur Steinmann who will be celebrating his 90th birthday on Wednesday, August 16th.
• Sullivan Clare Wagler was born on August 11. Parents: Cody and Nicole and grandparents: Myron and Joy Wagler.
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• Baden Summer Bible Camp. Pray for kids, volunteers and organizers that they may all know and share the love of Christ.