August 27, 2017
A Summer of Living More Like Jesus
Called to worship
Here I am to worship
Amazing love how can it be
Psalm 85: 8-13
Dona nobis pacem HWB 346
Matthew 14: 22-33
Sermon: Walking on water
Healer of our every ill HWB 377
Leading Us In Worship:
Worship leader, congregational prayer – Gladys Bender
Song leader – Abby Scheerer
Sermon & children’s time – Pastor Ilene Bergen
An unsupervised nursery for children (5 years & under) is across from the washrooms.
Coffee, tea and juice served in the fellowship hall after the service.
Monday – Church office closed.
5-8 p.m. – Blood Donor Clinic in the fellowship hall.
8:00 a.m.-8:15 a.m. – Prayer time in room 115. All welcome.
Morning – Tractor Club breakfast in the fellowship hall.
4:00-7:00 p.m. – Wilmot Summer Market in the east church parking lot.
9:30 a.m. – Pre service singing
9:45 a.m. – Scripture: Romans 12.
Speaker: Max Kennel
Sept. 12 (Tues.) 6:00 p.m. – Introductory supper & meeting for a Women’s Small Group. Meet in the fellowship hall. Soup provided. Bring finger food. For more information talk to Joy Wagler or Darlene Gingerich.
CHURCH LEAGUE B FASTBALL PLAYOFFS
Aug. 27 (Today) 7 p.m. – Steinmann vs. Hillcrest at New Hamburg.
Aug. 30 (Wed.) 8:45 p.m. – Steinmann vs. Mapleview at Millbank.
Sept. 10 (Sun.) 2:00-4:00 p.m. – Reception for the Maarrawi and the Al Lababidi families in the church fellowship hall. Our friends from Stonecroft and Foxboro will be joining us in extending our support to these families as they celebrate their new home in Canada. This is your opportunity to share your best wishes and encouragement. Refreshments will be provided. Please be sure to join us.
Sept. 16 (Sat.) – 10,000 Steps for Shalom, a fundraising walk/run for mental health. Help make counselling affordable and accessible for everyone. Sign up as an individual or a team at 519.886.9690 or shalomcounselling.org.
Sept. 16 (Sat.) 11:00 a.m. – Open Doors talk, “Life in the Detweiler Neighbourhood,” 3445 Roseville Rd., Roseville. See bulletin board.
Sept. 16 (Sat.) 4:30-6:30 p.m. – St. Jacobs Mennonite Church Chicken & Sausage BBQ. See bulletin board or www.sjmc.on.ca for info.
Sept. 17 (Sun.) Noon – Church Potluck. If your last name begins with A-M bring a dessert and N-Z bring a salad along with your own dishes. Meat will be provided.
Sept. 17 (Sun.) 2:30 p.m. – Jim Reimer Memorial Bluegrass Concert at Conrad Grebel University College, Great Hall. Features award-winning Canadian bluegrass band, Rescue Junction, with a special appearance from 5 on the Floor. Admission is free with donations to the Reimer Scholarship in Theological Studies. www.grebel.ca/events
Sept. 17 (Sun.) 2:30 p.m. – Learn newer music from the Hymnal Supplements and newer music being considered for the new Mennonite hymnal at the Detweiler Meeting House, 3445 Roseville Rd., Roseville. Led by Mark Diller Harder. Freewill offering in support of Meetinghouse operations. More information: Laurence Martin, 519.208.4591.
1. We are exploring a shift in our mid-week children’s program from LOGOS, and are determining what it will look like. If you are willing to help with a children’s program in any capacity, please talk with Pastor Myrna.
2. Mennonite Disaster Service volunteers needed for Constance Bay (Ottawa), to do repairs from the May flooding. Project will start the week of September 11 into October. Call or email Nick Hamm at 905.401.3990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Are you between the ages of grade 9 and 20-something? Would you like to use music to help worship and serve God? Check out the Menno Youth Singers choir: mennosingers.com/mys.
• Congratulations to Barbara Zehr who is celebrating her 88th birthday today.
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• The family of Vernon Schwartzentruber, brother of Leonard. Vernon’s funeral was held on Thursday, August 24th.