August 6, 2017 – Service at Hidden Acres Mennonite Camp (10:30 a.m.)
Living more like Jesus
Call to worship
Morning has broken
Jesus loves me
Leviticus 23.33-36, 39-43
Remembering God’s provision
My life flows on
John 7.2-15, 37-38
Being filled with living water from Jesus
• Blowing bubbles
How great thou art
You shall go out with joy
Leading Us In Worship:
Music – John Wiebe, Dan Unger
Worship leader – Kim Lichti
Song leader – Tim Miller Dyck
Children’s time, Meditation – Pastor Myrna Miller Dyck
Monday (church office closed)
8:00 a.m.-8:15 a.m. – Prayer time in room 115. All welcome.
7:00 p.m. – Baden Bible Camp orientation meeting.
4:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Wilmot Summer Market in the east church parking lot.
7:30 p.m. – Ball Teams planning meeting.
9:30 a.m. – Pre service singing
9:45 a.m. – Scripture: Psalm 139: 1-6, 13-18, Luke 14: 26-35.
Sermon: Reflections on family and following.
Speaker: Pastor Ilene Bergen. Coin offering will help Canadian Foodgrains Bank provide famine relief in places like east Africa.
Aug. 9 & 23 (Wed.) 5:30 p.m. – Potluck in the Park at Sir Adam Beck Park, Baden. Everyone welcome! Bring your own dishes and food to share. Invite neighbours, friends and family. For more information talk to Ashley & Darryl Drudge.
Aug. 14-18 (Mon.-Fri.) 8:50-11:30 a.m. – Baden Summer Bible Camp for age 4 to grade 8. Still time to register for discovering Paul and the underground church. Contact Christine Helmuth or Joanne Schwartzentruber.
Aug. 17 (Thurs.) 7:00 p.m. – Vision Focus Team meeting.
Aug. 20 (Sun.) 5-8 p.m. – Sunday S’mores at Chris & Wendy Lebold’s, 1053 Henry St., Wellesley. Bring your own dishes, hotdogs and buns, lawn chairs, and snacks to share. Care Team will provide beverages and s’mores.
Aug. 25 (Fri.) 6:00 p.m. – MEDA (Mennonite Economic Development Assoc.) BBQ at Waterloo Park. Adults: $25; Student/Child: $10. Bring lawn chairs, plates & cutlery. RSVP by Aug. 18 at www.meda.org/waterloo or call 519.725.1633. See bulletin board for more information.
Aug. 26 (Sat.) 7:00 p.m. – SOSA (Single or Single Again) corn & wiener roast at 307 Maurice St. New Hamburg. Please bring a lawn chair & a food item to share. Any questions – call 519.662.2971.
Aug. 26-30 – All are invited to enjoy 5 days of everything Fraser Lake Camp has to offer in a relaxed setting. Register now! Contact Director, Kristen Berg for details email@example.com.
1. Cradle Roll is working on setting up a quiet infant care room. Looking for following donations: comfortable chair or small couch, table lamp & floor lamp, change table, 2 clocks (preferably plastic), baby monitor, and a pack & play. Speak with Sarah Winter, Pam Carter or Jessie Gingerich if you have something to donate. Thanks!
2. Christian Horizons is looking for volunteers for its Family Retreat at Elim Lodge on Pigeon Lake from Aug. 27 to Sept. 2, or for just the evening of Wednesday Aug. 30th. Members of our SMC community have shown great support in previous years. Perhaps this is your year! For information or to explore this potential service opportunity, visit www.christian-horizons.org or speak with Al Mills.
3. Joy Wagler and Darlene Gingerich are looking into the possibility of having a Women’s Bible Study/Book Study group with an introductory meeting sometime the second week of September. If interested please speak to one of them.
4. Students! Are you thinking of applying for a part-time job? Need something to put on your resume to impress a potential employer? Join us as a volunteer at the New Hamburg Thrift Centre! We are always looking for students (14 yrs & older) to train as volunteer cashiers, retail floor support, receivers to accept donations, and much more. Email Karla at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519.662.2867 or to explore opportunities!
• Thanks to Patricia Wagler for being on the pastoral team the past month – much appreciated!
• Congratulations to Erma Steinmann who will be celebrating her 87th birthday tomorrow, August 7.
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• Lynn Yantzi and family as he continues to recover from neurosurgery.
• Baden Summer Bible Camp. Pray for kids, volunteers and organizers that they may all know and share the love of Christ.
• Mennonite churches in Congo, where thousands have been killed in recent violence, and 1.4 million have been displaced. Pray that Christians will find ways to reflect God’s peace in the midst of chaos.