July 1, 2018
Call to worship
What is this place HWB 1
God of the earth, the sky, the sea HWB 53
Father God, you are holy HWB 78
Canada Day prayer
Dona nobis pacem HWB 346
The story of Samson Judges 13 – 16
God loves all his many people HWB 397
Responding through prayer stations
• Reflect: Where do you have power? How do you use it?
• Prayers for our country and our world
• Prayer rocks
• Playdough prayers
• Memory passage review
Let there be light, Lord God HWB 371
Bwana awabariki HWB 422
An unsupervised nursery for children 5 and under is across from the washrooms. A quieter unsupervised nursery is available in Room 113 (office hallway).
Leading Us In Worship:
Worship leader – Sarah Godfrey
Song leader – Tim Miller Dyck
Percussion – Joel Godfrey
Story and meditation – Pastor Myrna Miller Dyck
Pastor Steve is participating in the interfaith service this morning at the New Hamburg fairgrounds.
Coffee, tea & juice available in the fellowship hall following the service.
Monday & Tuesday – church office closed
8 a.m. – Prayer in room 114. All are welcome.
1-3 p.m. – Minds in Motion, a community based social program that incorporates physical activity and mental stimulation for people with early to mid-stage signs of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Location: Wilmot Rec Complex. Register by calling 519.742.1422. Dates: July 4 to Aug. 22. Suggested donation: $60. See bulletin board.
4-7 p.m. – Wilmot Summer Market in the east church parking lot.
Summer Schedule: Worship @ 10:00
9:45 a.m. – Preservice music
10:00 a.m. – Speakers: Jen Otto & Greg Rabus, who have recently concluded their work with Mennonite Church Canada in Germany.
STEINMANN SOXX (Church Fastball League)
July 8 (Next Sunday) 7 p.m. – Soxx vs. Riverdale (New Hamburg D1)
July 27-30 – Skylight Festival at Five Oaks, Paris, Ontario. A weekend of faith, justice and a celebration of the arts. For itinerary and to register: skylightfestival.ca. See bulletin board.
Aug. 3-5 (Fri.-Sun.) – Steinmann Church camping at Hidden Acres.
Sign-up sheet is on the table between the church mailboxes.
Saturday – Hot dog, corn roast and s’mores. If you plan to attend please sign up on the sheet by the mailboxes.
Sunday – Worship service and potluck lunch. Bring food to share and your own table service.
For more information talk to Anthony Helmuth.
Aug. 12-24 – Ontario Mennonite Music Camp at Conrad Grebel College for ages 12-16. For more information and to register visit: https://uwaterloo.ca/grebel/campers/ontario-mennonite-music-camp
1. Give online at smchurch.ca/donate.
The QR code on the right (included in the paper version of this bulletin) gives you the opportunity to give donations to the church using your mobile phone.
2. It’s not too late to join the Hidden Acres Camp summer staff. We need a few young people to serve in an exciting and meaningful role for a few weeks or the whole summer. Phone: 519.625.8602; Email: email@example.com; Web: hiddenacres.ca
3. MCC’s Shipping Containers are empty!
Our July and August shipments to Jordan and Ukraine urgently need supplies for 2336 relief kits, 1000 light weight comforters, 700 heavy weight comforters, and $6000 for toothpaste. Can you help us meet this urgent need? Supplies can be dropped off at 50 Kent Avenue, Kitchener, or New Hamburg MCC Thrift Shop.
• Congratulations to Viola Erb who will be celebrating her 84th birthday tomorrow, July 2nd and to Mildred V. Roth who will celebrate her 84th birthday on Saturday, July 7th.
• Congratulations to Marjorie & Laverne Gingerich who will be celebrating their 55th Wedding Anniversary on Friday, July 6th.
• Pastor Pat Wagler will be on vacation June 28 to July 4.
• A big thank you to all those who helped with the church spring clean-up. – Property Management Committee
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• Youth and adults participating in TOOLS (Toronto Ontario Opportunity for Learning and Service), July 5-8.