July 2, 2017
A Summer of Living More Like Jesus
Call to worship
Lord, I lift your name on high
Praise to God, immortal praise
I love you, Lord
I will follow
We will follow
Leading Us In Worship
Song leader – Abby Scheerer
Worship leader – Pastor Ilene Bergen
Children’s time – Wendy Lebold
Sermon – Pastor Myrna Miller Dyck
Coffee, tea and juice will be served before and after the service.
2-4 p.m. – Open House in the fellowship hall for Marie & Stan Gingerich who are celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary.
Monday & Tuesday (church office closed)
8:00 a.m.-8:15 a.m. – Prayer time in room 115. All welcome.
4:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Wilmot Summer Market in the east church parking lot.
9:35 a.m. – Preservice music.
9:45 a.m. – “A summer of living more like Jesus”
Speaker: Patricia Wagler
The Steinmann/Stonecroft refugee support committee invites you to stay after the service to meet and welcome the Al Lababidi family. Fadi, Hayat, and Tariq will join us for coffee and cake in the fellowship hall.
2:30 p.m. – Folk and Gospel Songs led by Mike & Diana Erb, at Detweiler Meeting House, 3445 Roseville Rd., Roseville. Freewill offering. Everyone welcome. More information: Laurence Martin, 519.208.4591.
CHURCH LEAGUE FASTBALL
July 5 (Wed.) 8:45 p.m. – Steinmann vs. Mapleview at Millbank (Lower).
July 12 (Wed.) 5:30 p.m. – Potluck in the Park, Sir Adam Beck Park, Baden. Everyone welcome! Bring your own dishes and food to share. Invite neighbours, friends and family. Info? Ashley & Darryl Drudge.
July 16-20 – The Hymn Society’s annual conference offers free Public Hymn Festivals on:
July 16 (Sun.) 7:30 p.m. – “Living Voices of the Gospel,” St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church, 54 Benton St., Kitchener
July 17 (Mon.) 7:30 p.m. -“Reformation Psalms & Beyond,” St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, 54 Queen St. N., Kitchener
July 18 (Tues.) 7:30 p.m. – “A Day for Making Changes: Singing Reformation around the Globe,” First United Church, 16 William St. W., Waterloo
July 19 (Wed.) 7:30 p.m. – “God of all the Many Lands,” St. John’s Lutheran Church, 22 Willow St., Waterloo
July 20 (Thurs.) 10:30 a.m. – “Singing our Journeys Together: Semper Reformanda,” Theatre of the Arts, UWaterloo, Ring Rd., Waterloo
Full details: thehymnsociety.org/2017-waterloo
Aug. 4-6 (Fri.-Sun.) – Steinmann Church Camping & Sunday Service at Hidden Acres Mennonite Camp. Sign-up by mailboxes.
Aug. 14-18 (Mon.-Fri.) 8:50-11:30 a.m. – Baden Summer Bible Camp for age 4 to grade 8. Volunteers needed. Contact Christine Helmuth or Joanne Schwartzentruber.
Aug. 20 (Sun.) 5-8 p.m. – Sunday S’mores.
S’ something special
M make plans to attend
O our team will make treats for you
R roasted sweet goodness
E everyone is invited
S see you there.
Sponsored by the Care Team. More details to follow.
1. Welcome to Patricia Wagler as she begins 5 weeks of half-time pastoral work.
2. Church Membership—anyone interested in transferring their church membership to Steinmann, speak to Pastors Myrna or Ilene.
3. Cradle Roll is working on setting up a quiet infant care room. We are looking for donations of the following: comfortable chair or small couch, table lamp and floor lamp, change table, 2 clocks (preferably plastic), baby monitor, and a pack and play. Please speak with Sarah Winter, Pam Carter or Jessie Gingerich if you have something to donate. Thanks!
• Congratulations to Viola Erb who is celebrating her 83rd birthday today and to Mildred V. Roth who will be celebrating her 83rd birthday on Friday, July 7th.
• Congratulations to Marjorie & Laverne Gingerich who are celebrating their 54th Wedding Anniversary on Thursday, July 6th.
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• Baby Jed and his parents, Alex & Jon Lebold. Jed is scheduled for kidney surgery on Wednesday, July 5.
• Taite Brenneman, Madelyn Hammer, Brieanna Wagler, Tyson Wagler and Abby Scheerer as they travel to Orlando this week to attend the Mennonite Youth Convention.
• Irene and Robert Jutzi. Irene’s mom, Vera Scheifele, died on June 22.