July 8, 2018
Call to worship
All creatures of our God and King HWB 48 (1, 2, 3, 7)
Praise the Lord, sing hallelujah HWB 50
As rain from the clouds SJ 40
Leviticus 19.1-2, 13-18
Beauty for brokenness SS 115
Litany of blessing
You are all we have SJ 29
Now go in peace SJ 74
An unsupervised nursery for children 5 and under is across from the washrooms. A quieter unsupervised nursery is available in Room 113 (office hallway).
Leading Us In Worship:
Preservice, offertory, postlude – John Wiebe
Worship leaders – Joanne Schwartzentruber, Zach Schwartzentruber
Song leader – Tim Miller Dyck
Accompanists – Jean Gingerich, Delphine Schwartzentruber
Children’s time & Meditation – Jen Otto & Greg Rabus
Congregational prayer – Pastor Myrna Miller Dyck
Coffee, tea & juice available in the fellowship hall following the service.
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. – Fellowship hall & kitchen rented.
8 a.m. – Prayer in room 114. All are welcome.
4-7 p.m. – Wilmot Summer Market in the east church parking lot.
Summer Schedule: Worship @ 10:00
9:45 a.m. – Preservice music
10:00 a.m. – Sermon: Ruth (part 1).
Speaker: Pastor Pat Wagler.
Mission moment: Keith Wagler
STEINMANN SOXX (Church Fastball League)
July 8 (Today) 7 p.m. – Soxx vs. Riverdale (New Hamburg Diamond1)
July 11 (Wed.) 9 p.m. – Soxx vs Nith Valley (Petersburg)
July 15 (Next Sun.) 7 p.m. – Soxx vs. Hillcrest (New Hamburg D1)
July 23 (Mon.) Morning – Volunteers needed from Steinmann Church to help “cut wipes” at the New Hamburg Thrift Centre. Bring a friend.
July 24 (Tues.) 1:30-3 p.m. – Tea, coffee and conversation for seniors at Wilmot Mennonite Church. Topic: Sharing our Heritage.
Aug. 3-5 (Fri.-Sun.) – Steinmann Church camping at Hidden Acres.
Sign-up sheet is on the table between the church mailboxes.
Saturday – Hot dog, corn roast and s’mores. If you plan to attend please sign up on the sheet by the mailboxes.
Sunday – Worship service and potluck lunch. Bring food to share and your own table service. For more information talk to Anthony Helmuth.
Aug. 12-24 – Ontario Mennonite Music Camp at Conrad Grebel College for ages 12-16. For more information and to register visit: https://uwaterloo.ca/grebel/campers/ontario-mennonite-music-camp
Aug. 13-17 (Mon.-Fri.) – Baden Summer Bible Camp
Aug. 17 (Fri.) – Wilmot Mennonite Church bus trip to Iceculture Inc. in Hensall. $70/person will cover the bus, lunch at Huron Family Diner in Exeter and the tour. The bus will leave Wilmot church at 10:30 a.m. and arrive back around 4 p.m. Invite your friends. Call 519.634.5030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See poster on bulletin board.
1. In July and August during coffee hour, offerings of coins will be accepted for Mennonite Central Committee’s Circles of Support and Accountability which greatly reduces the odds of sexual offenders reoffending following release from prison.
2. Give online at smchurch.ca/donate.
The QR code (Printed in the paper version of this bulletin) gives you the opportunity to give donations to the church using your mobile phone.
3. MCC’s Shipping Containers are empty!
Our July and August shipments to Jordan and Ukraine urgently need supplies for 2336 relief kits, 1000 light weight comforters, 700 heavy weight comforters, and $6000 for toothpaste. Can you help us meet this urgent need? Supplies can be dropped off at 50 Kent Avenue, Kitchener, or New Hamburg MCC Thrift Shop.
4. Join the Kindred Credit Union Centre for Peace Advancement at Conrad Grebel University College in welcoming an exhibition of hope and reconciliation. “A New Era of Peace and a Peaceful Land” launches on Thursday, July 12 and will be available for viewing through October 5, 2018. Curated by Heng-Gil Han, director of the Korea Art Forum based in New York City, this exhibition collects rarely seen artwork from North and South Korea, China, and the United States. www.grebel.ca/events
• Congratulations to Anna Mae & Kenneth Hofstetter who will be celebrating their 53rd Wedding Anniversary on Tuesday, July 10th.
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• Participants in Toronto Ontario Opportunities for Learning and Service (TOOLS), July 5–8: Steve Drudge, Madelyn Hammer, Brittany Hopkins, Alex & Jon Lebold, Garrett Lichti, Ben MacLaurin, Lucas MacLaurin, Emily Miller, Sarah Miller, Abby Scheerer, Sandy Scheerer, Kenton Roth and Makayla Roth.