July 9, 2017
A Summer of Living More Like Jesus
Love, Living it God’s Way
Call to worship
Praise the Lord, sing hallelujah HWB 50
Praise, I will praise you, Lord HWB 76
Greetings & introduction
Longing for light STJ 54
Come and fill our hearts STJ 59
Scripture reading: John 14:22-29
Sermon: “Gods life giving love”
The love of God STJ 44
Offering & *coin offering
Steinmann Soxx moment
Now go in peace STJ 74
*Coin offering will help provide a camping experience for low income single moms and their children at Hidden Acres Camp.
Leading Us In Worship:
Preservice, offertory, postlude – John Wiebe
Worship leader – Shirley Kennel
Song leader – Brian Sararus
Accompanists – Jean Gingerich, Carol Sararus
Children’s time – Kim Lichti
Sermon – Pastor Patricia Wagler
Congregational prayer – Pastor Ilene Bergen
Steinmann Soxx Moment – Carson Hammer
The Steinmann/Stonecroft refugee support committee invites you to stay after the service to meet and welcome the Al Lababidi family. Fadi, Hayat, and Tariq will join us for coffee and cake in the fellowship hall.
2:30 p.m. – Folk and Gospel Songs led by Mike & Diana Erb, at Detweiler Meeting House, 3445 Roseville Rd., Roseville. Freewill offering.
Monday (church office closed)
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Fellowship hall and kitchen rented
8:00 a.m.-8:15 a.m. – Prayer time in room 115. All welcome.
07:00 – a.m. , Men’s Breakfast, Thursday July 13th, Location: Omega Restaurant 685 Fischer Hallman Road, Kitchener, ON N2E 4E9 (across from Sun Rise Mall on Ottawa St.) ,
4:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Wilmot Summer Market in the east church parking lot.
7:00 p.m. – Vision Focus Team meets.
9:35 a.m. – Preservice music.
9:45 a.m. – “A summer of living more like Jesus—Living the Festivals (Day of Atonement).”
Speaker: Pastor Ilene Bergen.
Scripture: Hebrews 10:5-10, Psalm 40: 6-8, Leviticus 16:1-34.
CHURCH LEAGUE FASTBALL
July 10 (Mon.) 9 p.m. – Steinmann vs. Nith Valley at New Hamburg (2)
July 12 (Wed.) 5:30 p.m. – Potluck in the Park, Sir Adam Beck Park, Baden. Everyone welcome! Bring your own dishes and food to share. Invite neighbours, friends and family. Info? Ashley & Darryl Drudge.
July 16-20 – The Hymn Society’s free Public Hymn Festivals:
July 16 (Sun.) 7:30 p.m. – “Living Voices of the Gospel,” St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church, 54 Benton St., Kitchener
July 17 (Mon.) 7:30 p.m. -“Reformation Psalms & Beyond,” St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, 54 Queen St. N., Kitchener
July 18 (Tues.) 7:30 p.m. – “Singing Reformation around the Globe,” First United Church, 16 William St. W., Waterloo
July 19 (Wed.) 7:30 p.m. – “God of all the Many Lands,” St. John’s Lutheran Church, 22 Willow St., Waterloo
July 20 (Thurs.) 10:30 a.m. – “Singing our Journeys Together: Semper Reformanda,” Theatre of the Arts, UWaterloo, Ring Rd., Waterloo
Full details: thehymnsociety.org/2017-waterloo
July 17 (Mon.) morning – Volunteers from Steinmann church needed at the New Hamburg Thrift Centre to help cut wipes.
Aug. 4-6 (Fri.-Sun.) – Steinmann Church Camping & Sunday Service at Hidden Acres Mennonite Camp. Sign-up by mailboxes.
Aug. 14-18 (Mon.-Fri.) 8:50-11:30 a.m. – Baden Summer Bible Camp for age 4 to grade 8. Volunteers needed. Contact Christine Helmuth or Joanne Schwartzentruber.
Aug. 20 (Sun.) 5-8 p.m. – Sunday S’mores. Sponsored by the Care Team. More details to follow.
Aug. 27 (Sun.) 9:45 a.m. – Baptism service
1. Church Membership—anyone interested in transferring their church membership to Steinmann, speak to Pastors Myrna or Ilene.
2. Cradle Roll is working on setting up a quiet infant care room. Looking for following donations: comfortable chair or small couch, table lamp & floor lamp, change table, 2 clocks (preferably plastic), baby monitor, and a pack & play. Speak with Sarah Winter, Pam Carter or Jessie Gingerich if you have something to donate. Thanks!
3. Mennonite Church Canada’s 2017 Annual General Meeting will be streamed online on July 12 from 6 – 7 p.m. CDT. Instructions are at http://home.mennonitechurch.ca/2017AGM/.
• Congratulations to Elroy Lichti who is celebrating his 92nd birthday today and to Reta Bender who will be celebrating her 86th birthday on Wednesday, July 12th.
• Congratulations to Anna Mae & Kenneth Hofstetter who will be celebrating their 52nd Wedding Anniversary, Monday, July 10 and to Mildred & Sam Roth who will be celebrating their 54th Wedding Anniversary on Thursday, July 13.
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• Baby Jed and his parents, Alex & Jon Lebold as Jed recovers from kidney surgery.