June 25, 2017
A Summer of Living More Like Jesus: Sabbath
Call to worship
This is the day
Unto thy temple, Lord, we come HWB 4
Psalm 84: 1-2, 8-12
O day of rest and gladness HWB 641
Isaiah 56:1-8, Mark 2:23-3:6.
“Uncivil Disobedience: Jesus and the Sabbath”
O God, in restless living HWB 557
Go, my children HWB 433
A supervised nursery for children (5 years & under) is across from the washrooms. Today’s supervisors: Jessie Gingerich, Andrea Kennel.
Leading Us In Worship
Prelude, postlude – Grant Movold
Worship leader – Tim Miller Dyck
Accompanists – Jean Gingerich, Carol Sararus
Song leader – Brian Sararus
Children’s time – Sue Kennel
Sermon – Muriel Bechtel
Offertory – Erin Movold
Congregational prayer – Pastor Ilene Bergen
Coffee, tea and juice will be served in the fellowship hall following the service.
11:00 a.m. – Exploring our faith class meets in the prayer room.
Monday (church office closed)
5-8 p.m. – Blood Donor Clinic in the fellowship hall.
8:00 a.m.-8:15 a.m. – Prayer time in room 115. All welcome.
7:00 p.m. – Forest Glen grade 8 graduation in the fellowship hall.
4:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Wilmot Summer Market in the east church parking lot.
Friday – Sunday
Hidden Acres Mennonite Camp Family Camping weekend. Details at www.hiddenacres.ca.
9:35 a.m. – Preservice music.
9:45 a.m. – “A summer of living more like Jesus.”
Sermon: Pastor Myrna Miller Dyck.
2-4 p.m. – Open House in the fellowship hall for Marie & Stan Gingerich who are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary.
CHURCH LEAGUE FASTBALL
June 25 (Today) 7 p.m. – Steinmann vs. Shantz at Petersburg.
June 28 (Wed.) 9 p.m. – Steinmann vs. East Zorra at Petersburg.
Starting on Wednesday, June 28th a small group will be meeting for a “Potluck in the Park” at Sir Adam Beck Park in Baden. We will be eating at 5:30 p.m. but come any time before or after to socialize. Everyone is welcome! Bring your own dishes and food to share. Invite your neighbours, friends and family. We’ll be meeting every other Wednesday throughout the summer. Watch the bulletin for dates!
June 28 (Wed.) 7:30 p.m. – Meeting at the Miller Dyck’s residence. Lectionary scriptures for the evening are Proper 7/Third after Pentecost.
July 31 – Aug. 4 – Peace Day Camp at Conrad Grebel for students in grades 6-8. Register online at www.grebel.ca/peacecamp.
Aug. 4-6 (Fri.-Sun.) – Steinmann Church Camping & Sunday Service at Hidden Acres Mennonite Camp. Sign-up by mailboxes.
Aug. 14-18 (Mon.-Fri.) 8:50-11:30 a.m. – Baden Summer Bible Camp for age 4 to grade 8. Volunteers needed. Contact Christine Helmuth or Joanne Schwartzentruber.
Aug. 20 (Sun.) 5-8 p.m. – Care Team S’mores. More details to follow.
1. DONATE ONLINE—Away during the summer? Donations can now be made online or scheduled in advance using online payments at any Ontario credit union’s online banking web site (including Kindred Credit Union). See http://smchurch.ca/donate for more info.
2. Church Membership—anyone interested in transferring their church membership to Steinmann, speak to Pastors Myrna or Ilene.
3. Brubacher House presents the work of Meg Harder, their Summer 2017 Artist-in-Residence. “New Fraktur,” explores themes of bioregionalism, local history, gender, and Mennonite mythology through “Fraktur” folk art. Opening reception – Brubacher House, Waterloo, Wed., June 28, 7 p.m. Details: 519.886.3855 or email@example.com.
4. Mennonite Central Committee Ontario is looking for a Relief Manager for the Thrift Shop in New Hamburg. You might find a famous painting sometime!! See website for details.
5. Freezer Meals needed – various sized tinfoil containers are available in the church kitchen on the counter by the phone. Label contents and include heating instructions. Return filled containers to the chest freezer in the kitchen. Thank you for your contributions.
6. High school students–are you already missing the music program at school? Young adults–do you need more music in your life? Consider joining the dynamic and growing Menno Youth Singers, a choir committed to choral excellence, to praising God, and to have a great time doing so.
7. Silver Lake Mennonite Camp: Volunteers are needed in the kitchen and to help with maintenance August 6-12. For information contact the camp: 519.422.1401 / firstname.lastname@example.org / www.slmc.ca/volunteers.
8. A wallet size crisis resource card from Interfaith Counselling Centre and Wilmot Family Resource Centre has been put in your church mailbox. Keep this information handy so that you can support yourself and others. If you want more cards contact the church office.
• Brent Steinmann has requested a membership transfer to The Gathering Church.
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• Baby Jed and his parents, Alex & Jon Lebold. Jed is scheduled for kidney surgery on July 5.