May 13, 2018
Call to worship
Here I am to worship
This is amazing grace
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Affirmation of faith SJ 133
Rain down SJ 49
Sermon: Making all things new
I will come to you in the silence SS 49
A supervised nursery for children 5 and under is across from the washrooms. Supervisors today are: Christine & Anthony Helmuth, Dianne Satchell. A quieter unsupervised nursery is available in Room 113 (office hallway).
Leading Us In Worship:
Preservice, offertory, postlude – Worship Team
Worship leader – Darryl Drudge
Song leader – Abby Scheerer
Children’s time, sermon – Sara Erb
Congregational prayer – Pastor Myrna Miller Dyck
Following the service, participate in a Q & A with Sara Erb in the fellowship hall. Refreshments will be served.
Monday – church office closed.
7:00 p.m. – Vision Focus Team meets.
7:00 p.m. – Gym rented
8 a.m. – Prayer in room 114. All are welcome.
7:15 p.m. – Worship Committee meets.
7:30 p.m. – Wilmot and area mission celebration with Ethiopian Meserete Kristos Church leaders, Kelbessa Muleta and Kiros Teka facilitated by Norm Dyck, MCEC Mission Engagement Minister and Darrell Jantzi, MKC Link Team. Receive a coffee ceremony welcome, see a video update, hear Ethiopian leaders share exciting challenges and the opportunity to partner in the expansion of the College that trains much needed church leaders. Refreshments to follow.
7:30 a.m. – All are welcomed to attend a MEDA breakfast at the Stone Crock in St. Jacobs. Cost: $15. Palmer Becker will be sharing a presentation on the relationship of publishing and ministry.
7-9 p.m. – Gym rented.
8:30 a.m. – Church Spring Cleaning. Help spruce up the church inside and out. Bring yard tools, buckets and rags.
9:30 a.m. – Preservice music
9:45 a.m. – Scripture: Acts 2.
Sermon: Holy Spirit: Empowered more than we realize
Speaker: Pastor Steve Drudge.
Congregational Voting on hiring Sara Erb as Faith Formation Pastor. Vote will take place on Sunday, May 20. Absentee ballots will be available in the church office from Tuesday, May 15 to
Friday, May 18, or you can request one by emailing email@example.com.
May 23 (Wed.) 6:30 p.m. – Women’s small group meets at the church. New members welcome. For more information speak to Joy Wagler.
May 23 (Wed.) 7:30 p.m. – Small group meeting at Don & Marilyn Steinmann’s. For more information speak to Janessa Otto.
May 23 (Wed.) 8 p.m. – Small group meeting. For more information contact Ashley & Darryl Drudge.
May 24 (Thurs.) 7:30 p.m. – Meeting by the church library. For more information speak to Wes Leis.
STEINMANN SOXX (Church Fastball League)
May 13 (Sun.) 7 p.m. – Soxx vs. Shantz (New Hamburg diamond 1)
May 14 (Mon.) 9 p.m. – Soxx vs. Hillcrest (Tavistock Optimist)
May 16 (Wed.) 9 p.m. – Soxx vs. East Zorra (Petersburg)
May 21 (Mon.) 5-8 p.m. – Blood Donor Clinic in the fellowship hall.
May 27 (Sun.) 9:45 a.m. – Service with the West Hills congregation followed by a potluck.
May 29 (Tues.) 1:30-3 p.m. – The Kitchen Table at Wilmot Mennonite Church. Tea, coffee and conversation for seniors. Topic: 5 Tips for an Optimal You. See the poster for more information.
May 30 (Wed.) 11:30 a.m. – Rockway Mennonite Collegiate’s Golf Classic at Willow Valley Golf Course. www.rockway.ca.
May 31 (Thurs.) 6:15 p.m. – Steinmann Church Ladies Night Out at Schmidtsville Restaurant, Wellesley. Let Sandy Scheerer know by Wednesday, May 30th if you plan to attend.
June 2 (Sat.) 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. – An Introduction to the Enneagram at Stirling Ave. Mennonite Church. Cost: $100 (incl. lunch). Led by Tamara Shantz. The Enneagram is a helpful tool for increased self-awareness and spiritual growth. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 3 (Sun.) 7:00 p.m. – Jubilation Male Chorus Spring Benefit Concert at Waterloo-Kitchener United Mennonite Church, 15 George St. Freewill offering in support of Hospice of Waterloo Region.
June 3 (Sun.) 7:30 p.m. – Discovery: A Comic Lament, is a play by Ted & Co about the Doctrine of Discovery, the legal framework that justified seizure of land and oppression of Indigenous Peoples. Check poster or church website for details and link to purchase tickets. The Mino Ode Kwewak N’Gamawak singers/drummers, will open and close each performance. Event takes place in the fellowship hall.
June 12 (Tues.) – Hidden Acres Mennonite Camp Chicken Barbecue fundraiser. Tickets available today from Saundi Bast and Carol Roth. $15/regular and $12/small.
June 24 (Sun.) 2:30 p.m. – The Fair Wind (Traditional music from England, Ireland & Scotland) at the Detweiler Meetinghouse, 3445 Roseville Rd., Roseville. See poster on bulletin board.
June 29th – July 1st – Hidden Acres Mennonite Camp’s Family Camping Weekend. Campsites for tents, trailers or RV’s available on a first come-first served basis, cabins available by reservation. For more information: www.hiddenacres.ca, email email@example.com or call 519.625.8602. Brochures are on the table by the church mailboxes.
July 5-8 – TOOLS learning and service in Toronto. Youth in our MYF have said Yes to this intergenerational discipleship adventure. How about you? Come, consider Kingdom truths as you serve, and reflect on issues of poverty and homelessness. Encounter Jesus in people living on the margins and in those who serve and walk with them. For details contact Pastor Steve or a youth sponsor.
July 30-Aug. 3 – Conrad Grebel University College Peace Camp 2018 (day camp) for students in grades 6-8. This year we will ask, “What’s your peace super power?” and learn how we can be agents of change locally and globally. Register: www.grebel.ca/peacecamp. For more info contact Katie Gingerich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Wilmot Seniors Woodworking Club is looking for volunteers on Wednesday, May 16 & 23 at 9:30 a.m. to join with them and help seniors at Nithview build birdhouses. If you can help speak to John Gruhl. Tools required are hammers and screw drivers.
2. Needed: Volunteers to sell summer sausage at the New Hamburg Mennonite Relief Sale, Saturday, May 26. If you are able to help for an hour or two, contact Tim Miller Dyck. For other ways to be involved: www.nhmrs.com or email email@example.com.
3. Food Security and Beyond in Ethiopia. Travel to Ethiopia and learn about the impact of MCC’s partnerships in the region that bring food security, watershed rehabilitation, conservation agriculture and peace to many communities. This two week learning tour is scheduled for Winter 2019. For more information contact Peter and Cath Woolner – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519.585.7721.
4. Conrad Grebel University College seeks a Communications Assistant to help promote the College’s programs and events. Application deadline is June 8, 2018. Details at www.grebel.ca/positions.
5. Be a virtual farmer. Partner with Canadian Food Grains Bank to sponsor acres. Government matches 3:1. mcco.ca/grow-hope-niagara
6. Kindred Credit Union Church Builder GICs available until June 29th. An investment for you and bonus interest for the church. Kindred donates an additional 0.25% interest. See bulletin board for more details.
• `Congratulations to Vernetta Steinman who will be celebrating her 87th birthday on Tuesday, May 15 and to Betty Roth who will also be celebrating her 87th birthday on Wednesday, May 16.
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• Pray for our congregation and Pastoral Candidate, Sara Erb, as we together discern God’s leading.
• Mothers around the world whose children have been abducted and disappeared – 35,000 reported cases in Mexico alone.